Plant Health Care Programs
The Program Includes 5 Visits:
Spring - Dormant Oil :
- Applied to trees and shrubs to prevent the infestation of scales, mites and insects
- Suffocates insects and eggs before they are able to hatch and spread
Late Spring - Foliar Feeding
- A fast-acting, nutrient treatment that plant foliage can use immediately
- Very beneficial for trees and shrubs that have experienced various kinds of stress (winter, etc).
Early Summer - Foliar Feeding
- A boost for plants with micro nutrients
- Helps discourage insects from feeding on plants with micro nutrients
Late Summer - Foliar Feeding
- Foliar feeding helps plants overcome any drought or disease damage
Fall - Root Fertilizing
- A deep root fertilizer that is injected into the soil
- Applied around perimeter of tree and as far out as the limbs extend
- Going into the ground prevents surrounding vegetation from using up the nutrients or rain water from washing it away
- Fertilizing of trees and shrubs
- Regular site inspections
- Insect Control (as needed)
- Designed to maintain healthy plants
- Increase the health and vigor
- Prevent plant stress before it occurs
Tree & Shrub Fertilizing
There are two time frames that are best to fertilize trees, including:
Spring and Late Fall
Late Fall is the best time for root growth.
Spring nutrients are converted to essential plant compounds – sugars, carbohydrates and amino acids – that bolster stem, trunk and root growth.
Injecting fertilizer below the turf you can be confident that the nutrients are going into the tree and not being consumed by turf and ground covers.
Early Fall applications are generally NOT recommended because the resulting encouragement of growth that occurs may not allow adequate time for plants to harden off before the onset of winter.
Additional Plant Health Care Services
- Emerald Ash Borer
- Japanese Beetle
- Birch Leaf Miner
- Implant (Nutrient/Insect)
- Evergreen Program (Intensive)
- Root Excavation / Pruning
- Tree and Shrub Wrapping for Winter
- Site Inventory / Appraisals
For a FREE estimate on our Services